When your light bulbs die, don’t throw them out. Make them into really cute ornaments. My favorite one is the Snowman Light Bulb.
1. Coat the light bulb in approx 3 layers of white craft paint
2. Coat the “hat” in black, 2-3 layers
3. Glue 3 buttons onto his front – either buttons, or little jewelry beads (using a glue gun)
4. Make eyes and nose from jewelry beads, those tinted silver inside add a nice touch
5. For the nose, I used a miniature light bulb from a package of those sold to decorate those mini Christmas village sets – I simply cut off the lights, then their ends and glued it on
6. Make scarf from some scrap material – fold it over, glue it down then create tassles. Tie it around the neck in your favorite position – you may need to glue it down a bit
7. Using floral wire, make a decorative trim to the hat – wrap it around and tie it off, crunching up the ends. This will give it some flare and also a place for you to add your ornament hook
8. Rub a regular glue stick around the base of the snowman then roll him in some clear sparkles
Hang & enjoy! Great craft with kids, although I suggest doing the painting beforehand, since it takes a bit of time.